An unexamined life is not worth living.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chess Position Trainer – Show Novelties

Once you created an opening repertoire in Chess Position Trainer (or imported it from elsewhere), you can cross-reference it against the database of games that you played. Here is a little walkthrough of how to use this feature.

Typically I play a lot of games on ICC, which stores all my games in a PGN file.
image
By using “show novelties” menu, I get a prompt for a pgn file, and then – a list of games:

image
Clicking on each game takes me to the position in which the game departed from my repertoire! The tool comments on what I should have played, according – to my own opening preparation

image
Apparently castling is premature here, but, alas, I forgot how exactly to deal with this piece sacrifice in the dragon, and did not play Nb3.

The new version of Chess Position Trainer is coming out soon, I can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your articles! I have found a lot of them very informative.

    I have been interested in the Chess Position Trainer but have yet to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter